GCET 2019 Goa CET 2019 Goa Common Entrance Test: In the state of Goa, the admission in the B. E and B. Pharma Courses is done via Goa Common Entrance Test. But the candidates who are seeking admission for BHMS, BDS, MBBS, B. Sc. Nursing, Allied Health Sciences (Paramedical) will not get admission via GCET. They need to appear in NEET UG 2019 to take admission in such courses in the state of Goa. However, keep in mind that for admission in B. Arch, one needs to appear in NATA which is conducted by the Council of Architecture.
Goa CET 2019 Update: The GCET 2019 Offline Counseling Submission Form has been started from 17 May 2018. Therefore, for more information, read this article till the end!
Every year, a large number of students apply for Goa Common Entrance to take admission in the engineering and pharmacy colleges of Goa state. The entrance exam is conducted at various centers all over the state. So, it is a mandatory condition to get admission in engineering colleges of Goa to participate in the entrance exam. Hence, one must qualify the entrance exam in order to become eligible for taking admission in engineering colleges of Goa.
GCET – GOA CET 2019 Exam Overview
Entrance Exam Name: Goa Common Entrance Test – GCET – GOA CET
GCET Exam Authority: DTE – Directorate of Technical Education – Goa
Courses Offered: Engineering, Architecture, Medical, Pharmacy
Exam Purpose: Admissions to Colleges in Goa
Course Offered: BTech, BPT, BOT, BOpt, BScMIT, BSc AT, BSc Nursing
Mode of Exam: Offline (PPT)
State Exam Level: Undergraduate
Exam Medium: English
No of Questions: 225 – Multiple Choice Question
Type of Question: MCQ’s
Time Duration: 120 Minutes
Score Scheme: No Negative Marking – 1 Mark for Each Correct Answer
Subject Sections: Physics – 75 Chemistry – 75 and Mathematics – 75
No. of Exam Centers: 15 Centers in Goa
Official Website: www.dte.goa.gov.in
GCET Helpdesk No: 91-832-2413571
Goa CET 2019 Offered Courses
- Medicine (MBBS)
- Dentistry (BDS)
- Engineering (BE)
- Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- Architecture (B.Arch)
- Homeopathy (BHMS)
- Ayurveda (BAMS)
- Allied Health Sciences
- BPT, BOT, B.Opt, B.Sc. MIT, B.Sc. AT
- B.Sc. Nursing
GCET 2019 Application Form
The mode to apply for GCET is an offline mode. Candidates need to download the application form. The application form for GCET is available on the official website. You can click on this link G CET 2019 Application Form to download GCET application form. Candidates must read all the instruction before filling the application form. Candidates applying for the GCET need to fill the application form in their own handwriting. The application forms must be submitted after filling it completely on the specified locations. The location at which application forms will be submitted are as follows:
- Ravindra Bhavan, Margao for following
Exam Centres: Navelim,Verna,Ponda,Vasco, Farmagudi,Cuncolim Curchorem &
- Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim for following Exam Centres: Porvorim, Panaji, Cujira, Sanquelim, Mapusa, Bicholim & Assagao.
Along with the application form, the applicant will submit the receipt of deposition of application fee. He/she will also submit 3 identical photographs. Applicants will also submit the self-attested photocopies of the certificates mentioned below:
- Class 12th Passing certificate/ HSSC Exam Admit Card
- SSCE Passing Certificate.
Goa Common Entrance Test 2019 – Application Fee
The candidate will pay RS 2000 as the application fee and will get the bank pay-in-slip or receipt for depositing application fee. It will be deposited in the account name, Directorate of Technical Education” with client code ‘DRCTORTEDU’. The amount can be deposit in any branches of HDFC Bank in Goa state.
GCET 2019 – Exam Date
It is important for the candidates to know all the important dates regarding GCET 2019. These dates will help the candidates in knowing the deadlines of the application process. The entire process must be carried out in the deadline.
Submission of GCET application form along with the collecting admits card will be done from 25th March 2019 to 30th March 2019. The timings to carry out this procedure is from 10:00 AM – 01:00 PM and 02:00 PM-05:00 PM.
The exam will be conducted on 7th May 2019 and 8th May 2019.
|Subject||Day and Date||Time|
|Physics||Tuesday, 7th May 2019||10:00 AM -12:00 PM|
|Chemistry||Tuesday, 7th May 2019||02:00 PM – 04:00 PM|
|Mathematics||Wednesday, 8th May 2019||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
The candidates who are interested in B. Pharmacy course and applied for this course only will not appear for Mathematics.
- Expected GCET 2019 result: 15th May 2019
- Commencement of receiving Form A/B/C for admission at the specified location: 17th May 2019
- Last Date for receiving Form A/B/C at the specified location: 24th May 2019
- The release of Eligibility List for GCET based courses: 6th June 2019
- The release of Provisional Merit List of GCET based courses: 12th June 2019
- The release of Final List of GCET 2019 based courses: 14th June 2019
- I Round of admission to engineering and pharmacy courses: 17th June 2019- 21st June 2019
GOA CET 2019 – Eligibility
Every candidate interested in applying for GCET must check eligibility criteria. So, candidates who are not fulfilling eligibility criteria must not apply as their application form will be rejected. They will not give the entrance exam.
- Candidate must be Indian. However, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) /Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) cardholders are eligible to apply under NRI category.
- The lower age limit is 17 years. The candidate must attain the age of 17 years as on 31st December of the academic year.
- Candidate must have passed class 12th with English, Physics, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with option subject as Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science /Biology. He/she must have scored at least 45% marks in Physics, Mathematics, and optional subject. For OBC and SC/ST candidate, the minimum required marks are 40%.
GCET Exam Pattern 2019
- Each subject will have 75 questions.
- For each subject, the applicant will get 2 hours i.e. 120 minutes.
- Each question will have 4 options and only one will be the correct answer.
- Each question carries 1 mark. No negative marking for the wrong answer.
GCET Syllabus 2019 – Goa Common Entrance Test
The syllabus for GCET 2019 will consist of the topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. All topics will be from class 12th.
GOA CET Admit Card 2019
The applicants need to collect GCET admit card from the specified location only. They will collect the admit card from those center only in which they have submitted the application form. Applicants must collect the admit card as, without this important document, they will not get entry into an exam hall. So, one must carry this important document.
GOA CET 2019 Reservation Criteria
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 2%
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) – 12%
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) – 27%
- Physically Handicapped (PH) – 3%
- Freedom Fighter (FF) – 1%
- Central & State Personnel – 3%
- Ex-Defence Service Personnel – 1%
- GN (Grandparent/Parent from Goa) – 2%
- NRI – Up to 5%
GOA CET Cut Off 2019
Candidate must have scored the minimum percentage of marks in the specific subject in the exam. University will release the cut off after the declaration of result. It is the minimum qualifying marks required to pass the entrance test.
GCET – Goa CET Result 2019
GCET result will be available on the official website and also on the notice board at Directorate of Technical Education. The candidate will not get any individual scorecard.