JNVST Navodaya 6th Class Syllabus 2019 2020 JNVST Class 6 Exam Pattern: The Government of India has started Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya as per the National Policy of Education. Presently, JNVS are present all over the country. 661 JNVS are spread across 28 states along with 7 Union Territories. These schools are co-educational which are administered by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. The admission in class 6th of JNVs is offered via Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). Till class 8th, the medium of teaching is either the regional language or mother tongue.
The exam is on 6th April 2019. The application process has already been completed. So, interested candidates have applied for it and now they are preparing for the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test. The selection test will decide the candidates for admission in class 6th. So, the result of JNVST will decide about the selection of candidates. Therefore, it is necessary for the candidates who applied for it to prepare for the exam. There are a large number of candidates who applied for it. So, the candidates need to prepare for the exam. To prepare for the exams, they need to know about the JNVST syllabus and exam pattern. These two things will help the applicants in the preparation of exam. So, candidates must collect an in-depth knowledge of syllabus and exam pattern.
It is essential for all the applicants to gather information about the exam pattern. It will help the candidates in passing the written exam of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas.
- The selection test will be of 120 minutes/2-hours.
- The exam will start at 11:30 AM- 01:30PM.
- All the questions will be Objective type.
- In total, there will be 80 questions which will consist of 100 marks.
- No negative marking.
- Before the beginning of exams, applicants will get an additional 15 minutes for reading all the questions.
- The candidates need to report at the exam center last by 11:00 AM.
- There will be three sections:
- Mental Ability Test: In this section, there will be 40 questions and these will consist of 50 marks. 60 minutes are allotted for this section.
- Arithmetic Test: In this section, there will be 20 questions and these will consist of 25 marks. 30 minutes are allotted for this section.
- Language Test: In this section, there will be 20 questions and these will consist of 25 marks. 30 minutes are allotted for this section.
All answers will be marked in OMR sheet. Only black or blue ball point pen will be used to mark the answer. Each question will have four options and one need to be marked as the answer.
JNVST Class VI Exam Pattern
There are three sections in the test. All these three sections will have different topics. In section one which is Mental Ability Test questions will be a non-verbal test. These questions will be based on diagrams and figures only.
JNVST Exam Syllabus for Mental Ability Test:
- Mirror Imaging
- Space Visualization
- Geometrical Figure Completion
- Figure Series Completion
- Punched Hold Pattern
- Embedded Figure
- Figure Matching
- Odd Man Out
- Mirror Images
In section 2, which is the arithmetic test, the questions will be from the following topics:
- Number and numeric system.
- Four fundamental operations on the whole number.
- Fractional number and four fundamental operations on them.
- Factors and multiples including their properties.
- LCM and HCF of numbers.
- Decimals and fundamental operations on them.
- Conversion of fractions to decimals and vice-versa.
- Measurement of length, mass, capacity, time, money etc.
- Distance, time and speed.
- Approximation of expressions.
- Simplification of Numerical Expressions,
- Percentage and its applications.
- Profit and loss.
- Simple interest.
- Perimeter, area and volume.
In section 3, the language test will consist of reading comprehension. There will be 4 passages. Each passage will have 5 questions.
Official Syllabus Details: JNVST Class VI Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Official Website: www.navodaya.gov.in
If any query is there, contact us and leave a comment in the comment box, we will reach to you and help you in solving the query.