PUCET 2019 Chandigarh Common Entrance Test: Panjab University Common Entrance Test is conducted every year. It is an entrance test to offer admission in undergraduate courses. The entrance will provide the admission in various courses such as B. Pharmacy and B. Sc. Hons. The entrance test is conducted once in a year. There are around 188 participating colleges which offer admission in both these UG courses via PU CET.
There are many candidates who are interested in giving the entrance exam. All these candidates will apply for this entrance exam. Giving the entrance exam will give them an opportunity to take admission in the courses. So, they need to apply for it. Here, we present all the details related to PU CET 2019.
PU CET Application Form 2019
PU CET application form 2019 will be filled in the month of April 2019. The official authorities will release the application form via online mode. Candidates will fill the application form on the official website of Panjab University.
- Go to the official website of PU
- Register yourself. It will generate the Application ID and password.
- Use this Application ID and password to fill the application form.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fee.
- Print out the application form.
Fill all the details correctly. Do not fill the wrong information.
PUCET 2019 – Exam Date
The interested candidates need to check the important dates to apply for PU CET.
- Commencement of online PU CET application form: III week of February
- Last date for the submission of PU CET application form: I week of March
- The release of PU CET admit card: IV week of March
- PU CET Exam date: 28th April, 8th June 2019, 9th June 2019
- PU CET Result: III week of May
- The release of Seat Allocation List (1st online counseling): in the month of July
PUCET 2019 – Application Fee
The candidates will pay the application fee during the filling up of the application form. This is non-refundable. Without paying the application fee, no application form will be considered as the complete one. It is as follows:
- General Category: RS 2100
- Reserved Category (SC/ST/PWD): RS 1050
- Additional Paper (Biology/Mathematics): RS 30
PU CET 2019 – Eligibility
For every candidate, eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled. If candidates are not fulfilling eligibility criteria, then they need not apply. The eligibility criteria are different for different courses.
Anthropology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Physics (specialization in electronics): The candidates must have passed the class 12th exam with minimum 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, English, Mathematics/Biology. The minimum marks for reserved category is 45%.
B.Sc. and Botany & Zoology: The candidates must have passed the class 12th exam with a minimum of 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, English, and Biology. The minimum marks for reserved category is 45%.
Biotechnology and Biophysics: The candidates must have passed the class 12th exam with minimum 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, English, Computer Science/ Biotechnology/Mathematics/Biology. The minimum marks for reserved category is 45%.
Biochemistry Microbiology: The candidates must have passed the class 12th exam with a minimum of 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, English, Biotechnology/Mathematics/Biology. The minimum marks for reserved category is 45%.
- Pharma: The candidates must have passed the class 12th exam with a minimum of 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, English, Biotechnology/Mathematics/Biology. The minimum marks for reserved category is 45%
PU CET Exam Pattern 2019
It is important to know the exam pattern. It will help the candidates in the preparation of the exam.
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- The language of questions will be English.
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- The time duration of the exam is 70 minutes.
- Negative marking will be there. 0.25 marks will be deducted for the wrong answer.
|Paper||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
PUCET Syllabus 2019
The entire syllabus for PU CET will be based on class 12th. It will include Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Computer Science and Mathematics. The candidate needs to prepare for the examination as per the course selected by him for the admission purpose.
PU CET Admit Card 2019
At least 10 days before the PU CET exam, the candidate will be able to download the admit card for the entrance exam. The link for downloading PU CET admit card will become active on the official website. PU CET admits card is an important document. It is mandatory to carry the admit card in the PU CET exam hall. Without PU CET admit card, no candidate will have permission to appear in the entrance exam. The admit card contains personal details. Further, it also includes exam related information.
PU CET Cut Off 2019
It is necessary for the candidates to score the minimum qualifying marks in PU CET 2019. If the candidate does not obtain PU CET cut off marks, then he/she will be qualified as the passed candidate. The authorities decide the cutoff marks on the basis of a number of seats available in the university, last year’s cut off and difficulty level of PU CET exam.
PU CET 2019 – Counseling
The candidates who will qualify the examination will get the call for PU CET counseling. Candidates will get the call for counseling only on the basis of rank and merit list.
During PUCET counseling, candidates require the following documents:
- PU CET admit card 2019
- Provisional seat allocation letter
- Medical examination report
- Class X marks sheet
- Class XII marks sheet
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Category certificate (if applicable)
Table of Contents